The Atom is the latest generation seismograph by Geometrics Inc. A completely wireless system each Atom consists of a state-of-the-art 24-bit A/D conversion, GPS-controlled timing, internal power supply and 4GB of internal data storage. In order to improve functionally and keep the form factor small, lightweight, and covenant to transport the system is equipped with WiFi for data download and NFC for convenient field setup. Capable of supporting single channel or 3 component geophones the Atom can adapt to the requirements of the operator.
The Atom’s primarily application is low frequency passive wave data acquisition. Typically 11 to 100 of units are deployed over a large area and record independently for multiple days. As each Atom is a complete recording device the operator is not constrained by cables or a laptop/data logger, and can deploy non-uniform arrays.
After data download SeisImager automatically sorts records base of the GPS time stamp, applies the array geometry, produces the phase velocity plots and coherence curves.
- Internal Power: No big batteries to lug around
- Low energy consumption - Operates up to 70 hours in the field between charges!
- Simple acquisition - No laptop required
- GPS time synchronization – Cable free!
- Wireless downloading – Cable free!
- Passive data acquisition – No hammers or weight drops
- Unmatched Specifications – 24 bit, ultra-high resolution 1.5 to 1,650 kHz bandwidth, low distortion (<0.001% at 25Hz, 2ms)